Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rolling Stone Cover: Smashing Pumpkins!

I wanted to cover an older cover I did while in College. As some of you know I have been going through some old comp and thumbnails and are redoing the art or creating new art along the same lines. This was one of my first multimedia pieces where I practically used everything. It's comprised of watercolors, colored pencils, gouache, digital,and pen & ink. I look back and see it as a complete mess.It's one that may be redone or I just might make a completely new one.
I don't have a lot of the complete process.
I will be more diligent in the near future when it comes to documentation of process.

 Here is the original scan. The colors are a little washed out


 Here is the adjusted image. Done in Photoshop, I just want to bump the colors and contrast a bit.


Here is the image with Header and issue tag. I did these in Illustrator and dropped them in Photoshop. I'm a stickler for authenticity and spend probably too many hours measuring margins, type heights and PMS color matching.

 

...And the final cropped to size.

No comments:

Post a Comment