Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spicing Up the Mustard!


Arggghhhh! So, I'm starting this up proper like.
As some of you know, my wife, child and I having been touring the U.S. since I finished my illustration undergrad from SCAD (or Savannah College of Art & Design) to everyone else. Currently we’re hanging out in Charlotte, SC and love it. (Though every time I post something about Charlotte I spell it Charloote…). So, I’m making this my creative outlet to share a little about my process, my inspiration, thoughts and network with some other artists out there in the great void. I must warn you ahead of time, I have no idea about what nonsense I’m apt to regurgitate, soooo that’s that. So, what do you think if I end my posts with “Excelsior?” I’m sure that hasn’t been taken yet… I’m so right brained. (tic) Here’s a little bit of what I’ve been working on recently for an ad agency in Atlanta, GA. I don’t know what they use these for, but they needed some character designs. 

First, I come up with 6-8 sketches. I do this in Photoshop because it's incredibly easy and fast. After I send off the roughs, I wait for changes and approval from the client (seen in red). Then I gets to work in Illustrator



Voila! Sorry I can't show the whole design.These pieces are still in production.

No comments:

Post a Comment